Electronic File Policy
Specified Technologies Inc.’s Policy Regarding Receipt of Electronic Architectural Drawings
Revised date: May 15, 2019
If during the course of a project (“Project”), Specified Technologies Inc. (“STI”) receives and accepts electronic architectural drawings (for example, in RVT, CAD or PDF format) (“Drawings”) for purposes of STI advising on the use of proper firestopping techniques and/or issuing manufacturer’s engineering judgment firestop systems, STI hereby agrees that STI will handle the Drawings as follows:
- STI will keep the drawings on a secure server for only the period of time for which access to the Drawings is required. Thereafter, the Drawings will be permanently deleted.
- STI acknowledges that the Drawings remain the exclusive property of the original author, whether subject to copyrights or not, and STI will have no rights in the Drawings.
- STI will not to use the Drawings for any purpose other than providing product or system selection counsel or engineering judgment firestop systems for the Project.
- STI will not distribute the engineering judgment firestop systems or Drawings to any third-party without written consent from the original owner.
- STI will maintain as confidential any received information which is confidential and clearly marked as such, utilizing a standard of care no less than that used by STI in handling its own confidential information.
- STI uses the drawings to aid its engineering staff in understanding a site-specific condition of the Project. From time-to-time, STI may use the Drawings to help prepare STI issued shop drawings (i.e. engineering judgment firestop systems). While STI acknowledges that use of the Drawings is at STI’s own risk, such acknowledgment does not relieve the obligation of anyone using any engineering judgment firestop systems issued by STI to review such for conformance with Project specific requirements.
- STI does not require a complete set of drawings in every situation. It is recommended that the Drawing owner consult with STI on the necessary Drawings such that the amount of information transferred is minimized.
The above sets forth the full extent of STI’s obligations with respect to any Drawings accepted by STI and STI hereby rejects any further obligations, warranties, or conditions with respect to such Drawings unless expressly agreed to in a written document signed by an authorized representative of STI.
If you have any questions about this Electronic File Policy, please contact us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org