New USCG Panel Bulkhead Approvals
STI Marine, a Division of Specified Technologies Inc., is pleased to announce the release of United States Coast Guard Type Approval Certificates for A-0 through A-60 panel bulkhead penetrations!
Panel systems provide a light weight, labor saving, tested system that can provide A class fire ratings needed for Marine Offshore as well as Oil and Gas assets. With the gaining popularity of using a joiner panel system for rated divisions, there becomes a need to penetrate these barriers and we have the solutions! Electrical and mechanical service elements can breach the joiner panel bulkheads, creating openings through the panel system. In the event of a fire, these openings could allow the flames, smoke and superheated gases to pass freely to adjacent compartments. Various types of penetrating items such as plastic pipes, metallic pipes andcables must be protected by transits which have been evaluated in accordance with the IMOFTP Code. STI Marine Firestop has a full line of firestop products for these applications!
MSS Snap-Seal Cable Plugs is a two-piece device snaps together to quickly seal cable penetrations in fire-rated bulkheads.
- Tested to 2010 IMO FTP Code, Part 3 (Class A-0 through A-60bulkheads)
- Ideal for one or more cables with total O.D. 14 mm (also tested for small metallic and nonmetallic tubes)
- Steel clip design accommodates a 19mm division thicknesses
- Rapid intumescent expansion under fire conditions quickly seals off the path for fire, hot gases, and smoke
The MFC Collar are lined with a molded, intumescent insert which rapidly expands to more than 60 times its original volume, containing fire to the point of origin and restricting the passage of smoke and hot gases.
- Tested to 2010 IMO FTP Code, Annex 1, Part 3 (Class A-0 through A-60 bulkhead)
- Fits most standard pipe sizes
- Rapid intumescent expansion under fire conditions quickly seals off the path for fire, gases, and smoke
- Stainless steel body with mild powder coated steel flange
- Split design for easy installation around new or existing pipes
- Flexible, and thicker intumescent liner accommodates vibration and will not damage pipe
- Resistant to aging and weathering
The MPACT® Marine Pipe and Cable Transit is the Fastest and Most Flexible Fire and Watertight Sealing System for Fire-Rated Bulkheads & Decks.
- Tested to 2010 IMO FTP Code, Annex 1, Part 3 (Class A-0 through A-60 Bulkheads)
- Quick and easy to install
- Safe and simple to clean up
- Conforms to virtually any condition including irregularly spaced penetrants
We at Specified Technologies Inc. continue to innovate and test products to provide cost effective solutions! For this and much more visit us at www-news.stimarine.com